Munster GAA Club Day – "The Club Voice"
Killarney 2009 – Munster GAA, as part of its commitment to the Clubs of the Province in the 125th year of the GAA, are hosting an important conference and information seminar “The Club Voice” in The INEC Centre Killarney on Saturday, November 7th.
In addition to the speakers listed below delegates at the conference will also have an opportunity to speak to some of the countries premier GAA related businesses. These Conference Partners will have a display stand at the Conference and will demonstrate some of the latest techniques and equipment relating to club physical development, coaching and games, playing gear and sports leisure products.
To view the full list of Conference Partners click here
All clubs are invited to participate in this event, which will have a number of influential guest speakers, covering a wide range of topics of interest to all club personnel. The event will also provide an opportunity for club volunteers to voice their opinions, through a series of facilitated discussions, on some of the challenges and topics relevant to the Association at all levels.
Each club in the Province are asked to nominate at least four delegates to this Club-Day and we suggest that the club delegation be drawn from the following: 1 adult administrator; 1 underage administrator; 1 underage coach; 1 other (with a preference for Club Treasurer or PRO).
To download a registration form for the Club Voice Day in Killarney click here
The morning session will commence with Gerald Keane giving a keynote address expressing his views of the GAA at local club level based on his experiences with Celebrity Bainisteoir and in particular the community spirit around involvement with a club. This will be followed by workshops (see attached list) dealing with many topics of interest to all GAA clubs. These workshops will commence with a ten minute presentation, followed by a facilitated discussion by delegates on the relevant topic. Delegates will be able to attend one workshop in the morning covering two topics as listed.
List of Workshops
- Fundraising in these challenging times: Peter Quinn (former GAA President)
- Utilising full time staff (GDA) at Club level: Joey Carton(Munster Games Manager). .
- Club Fixtures : John Greene Chairman of the National Fixture Planning Committee.
- Insurance: Roger Clancy Croke Park Insurance Manager.
- Club at the Heart of Communities: Patsy Morrissey (Newtown Shandrum)
- Competition or recreational games for very young Players: Pat O Shea (Munster Games Manager). .
- Club Nursery: Joey Carton.
- Club registration: K Leddy (Croke Park).
- Recruiting new volunteers at club level: Eibhear O Dea
- Web site set up/design and inputs: Declan Fanning and Ed Donnelly.
- Encouraging Parental Involvement: Pat O Shea (Munster Games Manager).
- Tax exemption for clubs: Tom Ryan Finance Manager (Croke Park)
- Indemnifying Club Trustees: Tom Ryan Finance Manager (Croke Park)
- Club and School working together -Primary Schools (Killian O Reilly); Post Primary (Eamon Moroney); Third level (Des Cullinane)
- Developing club Facilities: John Ryan
- Proper Club Structures: Eibhear O Dea.
Following lunch, The afternoon session will open with Pat Spillane, well-known former Kerry player and TV pundit, addressing the delegates on topical issues of relevance to all clubs. This will be followed by workshops on the National and Provincial Strategic Plans their relevance to clubs and on how we can help improve our clubs and develop our Association for the future.
The evening session will conclude with presentations on (a) Provincial Funding. (b) Club Development Grants. These presentations will be followed with a Keynote Address by the Chairman of Munster GAA, Jimmy O Gorman, and an open forum session for all the delegates and guests. It is important to note that all full time personnel within the Province and all voluntary, County, Divisional and Bord na nÓg County Officers have been asked to attend.