There are a lot of people to thank for the publication on the Munster GAA web site of the Provincial Winning teams from Munster and the Munster Railway Cup teams in hurling and football.
First and foremost, thanks to the late Jim Cronin, co-author of the Munster GAA Story Volume 2 for giving me access to the teams in electronic format and for his help in getting numerous Christian Names of Cork players in the past.
When I started to set up this list, I decided to try and update the list with the winning Captain of each team. In addition, it has always been my feeling that such lists are incomplete without the Christian Name of each player appearing. The research to find as many Captains and Christian Names as possible has been a long but very enjoyable process. The list is far from complete but over 5,000 Christian names and 200 captains have been added from the original list.
I have used many sources to update this list, including GAA publications which there are too many to mention, e.g. books, county yearbooks, match programmes and GAA web sites.
A number of individuals have helped me out with updates for this list and I would like to thank some of these below. Sorry if I have left anyone out.
- Clare – Emer Connolly, John Enright, Padraig MacCormaic, Shane Walsh
- Cork – Jim Cronin, Liam Cusack, Jim O’Sullivan
- Kerry – Pat Brosnan, Ger Looney, Ned Moloney, Willie O’Connor, Monsignor Liam P. Brosnan
- Limerick – Fergal Hickey, Bosco Ryan
- Tipperary – Ned Brophy, JJ Kennedy, Mike McCarthy, Seamus O’Doherty, Martin Ryan
- Waterford – Anthony Bayle, Eamonn Power
Finally, there are still a number of updates required to make this list 100% in terms of Christian Names and Captains. If you have any information which may be of help, please contact me (see details below)