Over the past few weeks, while we have been awaiting some indication as to how and when we might resume Scór activities, we have utilised “Virtual Scór” to:
- Promote Scór;
- Assist parents in keeping children active;
- Maintain communication between Scór competitors;
- Link and entertain those in lockdown.
Ba mhaith liom ár mbuíochas a chur in iúl do gach duine a bhí páirteach sa tionscnamh seo. D’éirigh go maith linn na haidhmeanna a bhí againn a chomhlíonadh. Not alone were our objectives achieved but such has been the inventiveness of participants and the quality of the material submitted that “Virtual Scór” has given Scór an enormous publicity boost.
- Our exposure on Facebook has been hugely expanded
- The number of people following our GAA Scór Oifigiúil page now exceeds 5500
- The collaborative videos from all around the country have been viewed all across the world and there are more to come this weekend.
- “Reeling in the years” type review of past All-Ireland, provincial and county finals have brought joy to many.
- The weekly Tráth na gCeist from Scór Chonnacht has drawn participants from all around the country.
- The “May the Road Rise” and “All Kinds of Everything” videos have gone viral and produced television, national newspaper and social media coverage that Scór generally struggles to get.
As the Scór season traditionally closes for summer, it is appropriate that we draw the curtain on Virtual Scór for the time being…but not before one last effort.
We appeal to all county and provincial committees to have at least one participant from their county this weekend. Individual or group performances in any discipline are welcome. Please adhere to government guidelines regarding social distancing etc…
As stated in previous correspondence we are not yet in a position to outline plans for the resumption of competition. We will be advised by the Ard-Stiúrthóir.
Let’s give Virtual Scór a fitting send off for the time being and get many entries from our Province and Counties in. These can be a group from your Club, join with others in your County or enter a piece with family and friends within the other Counties in the Province but, remember to adhere to Government guidelines regarding social distancing etc..
Remember to tag Scór na Mumhan and GAA Scór Oifigiúil on Facebook with your entries.
Cúige Mumhan Abú!