Comhairle na Mumhan C.L.G (the Council) is now seeking applications from suitably qualified persons for the above position. The successful candidate will have responsibility for the management of the Council’s financial affairs, supervision of all Council games and events, applications by Counties/Units for borrowing, land acquisition/disposal approvals, deputising for the Secretary/C.E.O. of the Council as required, staff supervision and other general administrative duties.
The successful candidate will report on a day-to-day basis to the Secretary/C.E.O. of the Council. The responsibilities of the role shall include:
Management of the Council’s financial affairs which shall include the following:
- Preparation & full audit of annual financial statements.
- Oversight and administration of financial systems (Sage Line 50 & Quick pay).
- Treasury function i.e. Management of Council Investments & Savings.
- Borrowing Authorisations & Endorsements.
- Processing of Land acquisition/Disposal applications by Units in the Province.
Act as Secretary for the Council’s Management and Finance Committee.
Act as Secretary for the Council’s Planning & Physical Development Committee.
Overseeing event planning for Council fixtures, including development of event and stewarding plans along with ensuring Health and Safety requirements are met in full.
Monitoring of expenditure on Games Development and assessment of KPIs and measurement of “value for money” in this area.
Processing of Club Development Grant applications annually.
Supervision of Ticketing System and ticket distributions in conjunction with the Secretary/C.E.O.
Overseeing logistical arrangements for ticket and financial aspects of Council fixtures in conjunction with the Council Treasurer.
Acting as a representation of the Council on the following National Committees:
- National Facilities & Health and Safety Committee
- National Insurance Workgroup
- National Fixtures Analysts Committee
Processing of annual Third Level National Bursaries Scheme in conjunction with the third level institutes.
Deputising for the Secretary/C.E.O. and carrying out the duties of that post when the Secretary/C.E.O. is absent on leave or for any other reason.
Analysis of Provincial fixtures in conjunction with one other Provincial Fixtures Analyst.
Act as the Manager of the Council’s administrative staff who are based in the Council’s Headquarters (HQ).
Organisation of Annual Awards Function in conjunction with other HQ staff.
The role holder will also be required to undertake any other responsibilities or duties as may reasonably assigned by his/her manager.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of GAA structures and procedures; Extensive interest and involvement in Gaelic Games;
- Experience at a senior management level;
- Experience of financial management and budget control;
- Experience of managing people and resources; Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities;
- Ability to build and maintain strong business and team relationships;
- An understanding of accounting systems and the capability to manage finances;
- Previous experience of planning, organising and supervising large events;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of best practice health and safety policies and procedures;
- A proven track record of leadership, policy development, decision making and strategic planning;
- Ba mhaith an rud go mbeadh Gaeilge ag iarrthóirí.
Candidates interested in the above role should apply with an up to date cover note and Curriculum Vitae on or before 3pm on Tuesday, 13th March 2018.
The GAA is an equal opportunities employer